I wanted to come up with something delicious, relatively easy to mix together, and a little different in presentation. As a result, these caesar salad toasts are an alternative for one of the most popular salads to ring the changes.
- 150g romaine lettuce
- 1/2 lb boiled chicken breast or grilled fillet
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 oz Parmesan
- 8 slices wheat bread
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup homemade mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup natural yoghurt
- 5 pcs capers
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard without grains
- 3/4 oz Parmesan
- 5 pcs anchovies
- 5 pcs olives
- Gently rub the cut side of the garlic clove over bread. Sprinkle with olive oil. Fry on a dry frying pan for 1 minute on each side. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut chicken into small pieces.
- Cut tomatoes in half.
- Tear lettuce leaves into small pieces.
- Grate cheese.
- Combine all the ingredients for dressing and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, combine lettuce, chicken, tomatoes and dressing. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spread the mixture on bread. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve.