Chicken breast is a perfect go-to dinner option when you have nothing else up your sleeve and this chicken with bacon and cream cheese is one of my new favorites!
4 chicken breast fillets
4 thin slices of bacon
4 oz cream cheese
4 oz cheddar cheese
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground sweet paprika
1/2 tsp dried dill
Parsley and green onions for serving
Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200° C). Add some oil to ceramic baking dish.
- Cut fillets. Beat lightly. Season with salt, pepper. Add 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder and paprika.
- Cut bacon into small pieces. Preheat a skillet over medium heat and sauté bacon until crisp. Transfer bacon to a paper towel with a slotted spoon.
- Add olive oil and butter to the skillet and fry fillets until golden brown, 2-3 minutes each, from each side. Transfer fillets to the baking dish.
- Combine cream cheese, garlic powder and dill. Spread 2 tablespoons on each fillet. Sprinkle with 1/2 fried bacon.
- Grate cheese and sprinkle on fillets. Place the dish in the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and sprinkle with the remaining bacon, chopped parsley and green onions. Serve immediately.