Chicken baked in white wine flavored with garlic, mustard and herbs is a great easy weekend dish. The sauce is so perfect, that you’ll eat it by the spoonful. Such chicken in white wine sauce can be cooked in a clay pot by replacing the lid with puff pastry or yeast dough. It can then be eaten instead of bread. Moreover, you can bake and serve chicken in portioned pots.
- 1 chicken
- 200 g smoked bacon
- 4 large onions
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp herbes de Provence
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 392° F (200° C).
- Cut chicken into pieces. Rub with salt and pepper from all sides. Sprinkle with herbes de Provence.
- Finely chop onion, garlic and bacon. Add mustard. Stir.
- Place chicken in a deep baking dish. Top with the mixture of onion, garlic, bacon and mustard.
- Pour white wine over chicken. Top with cherry tomatoes. Close the lid tightly and bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Take the lid off and bake chicken in the oven for another 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.