Another great way to use rice is to turn it into crispy, fried rice pancakes. Top the pancakes with this incredible walnut sauce. Or substitute any nut you like or leave them out altogether. The sauce is perfect without them.
- 1 cup rice
- 1 large egg
- 1 yolk
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 230 g greens (parsley, mint, cilantro)
- 1 tsp olive oil
For the sauce:
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 3 slices dry white bread
- 20 g parsley
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup natural yoghurt
- 3 tbsp water
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- For the sauce, blend garlic and nuts. Add bread without crust and blend again until smooth. Pour in olive oil. Add chopped parsley, yogurt, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Cook rice in salted water until tender. Drain water. Cool rice.
- Combine egg, egg yolk, 1/2 garlic sauce and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice in a small bowl. Add to rice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and stir.
- Form small pancakes and sauté in vegetable oil until golden brown.
- In a separate bowl, combine greens, olive oil and the remaining lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the sauce on a plate. Top with rice pancakes and season with olive oil and greens.