Spread the love
Stop looking for an easy to cook dessert for a special dinner! This recipe of soufflé with softened dried apricots won’t take more than an hour but it will make you long for more.
- 2 ½ cup dried apricots
- 3-4 sprigs of mint
- ½ lemon
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 3 yolks
- 4 egg whites
- 1 ½ tbsp sugar
- 2-3 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp cane sugar
- Grease baking dishes for soufflé with a thin layer of butter, sprinkle with sugar and put into fridge.
- Pour dried apricots with boiling water and put aside for a couple of minutes. Drain, then process in a food processor to a purée. Add lemon juice and zest to taste.
- Combine dried apricots with sour cream and yolks. Add finely chopped mint and mix again.
- Whisk egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form, then whisk in sugar.
- With a silicone spatula, mix in 1/3 egg whites to the mixture of dried apricots. Then gently mix in the rest of the egg whites.
- Put soufflé into baking dishes and bake in the oven preheated to 400˚ F (200˚C) for 15 minutes. Then reduce the temperature to 350 ° F and bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- Serve warm.