Cookies with blue cheese and walnuts are an excellent partner for coffee, tea and milk for breakfast, lunch or snack. It can be served separately as a snack, or as a light snack between main meals. These blue cheese walnut cookies are not a cracker, but a real cookie.
- 1 1/2 oz blue cheese
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 big egg
- 1 tsp dry thyme
- Ground black pepper
- Blend 3/4 walnuts. Chop the remaining nuts. Combine all the nuts, flour and shredded cheese.
- Beat up egg with pepper and thyme until smooth. Add to the nut mixture and knead the dough with hands. Form a sticky ball, wrap in food wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle table with flour. Roll out the dough to thickness of 4-5 mm. Cut out the round cookies and transfer them to a baking sheet covered with baking paper.
- Bake in the oven preheated to 392° F(200° C) for 15 minutes.
- Cool completely. Serve with cottage cheese.