Spread the love
Due to its low fat content, ground turkey tacos have a bad reputation for being dry. To solve this problem, stir in 1 cup of your favorite tomato sauce or more to taste and you’ll have super easy, healthy, and delicious tacos!
- 2 lbs turkey thigh fillet
- 12 tacos
- 1 large onion
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 red chili
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Black pepper
For serving (to taste)
- White cheese
- Red sweet onions
- Iceberg lettuce
- Combine oregano and tomato sauce. Put aside for 1 hour.
- Mince turkey thigh fillet or chop with a knife.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Peel and finely chop chili, onion and garlic. Fry for 2 minutes.
- Add turkey mince and fry, stirring, until meat is ready, for 7 minutes. Add tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
- Chop red sweet onion, tomatoes and iceberg. Crumble cheese.
- Brush tacos with olive oil and fry for 30 seconds from each side.
- Divide filling between tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese and place on the grill. Fry until golden brown.
- Serve with sweet onion, tomatoes and iceberg.