Everyone knows that every dessert is made better with the addition of chocolate, which this strudel proves. It’s truly the most perfect combination of sweet and fruity and wine. I bought puff yeastless dough instead of making my own strudel dough. I know, I know… homemade is better, but honestly this one works just as well.
- 500 g puff yeastless dough
- 3 1/2 oz chocolate and nut paste
- 3 sweet pears
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup walnuts
- Peel pears and cut into medium cubes. Put in a saucepan. Add wine and honey. Bring to a boil. Cook for 3 minutes, remove from heat and put aside to cool completely.
- Chop walnuts into a crumb.
- Roll out puff pastry.
- Spread chocolate-nut paste over the dough leaving 1/2 inch from the edges. Sprinkle with 1/2 nuts.
- Drain liquid from pears. Spread evenly on the dough and sprinkle with the remaining nuts.
- Roll dough into a thick roll. Pinch the edges. Transfer strudel to a baking sheet. Bake in the oven heated to 375° F (190° C) until golden brown for 25–30 minutes.
- Cool and cut off the edges.
- Cut into pieces. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with whipped cream or ice cream.