Spread the love
Everyone knows that every dessert is made better with the addition of chocolate, which this strudel proves. It’s truly the most perfect combination of sweet and fruity and wine. I bought puff yeastless dough instead of making my own strudel dough. I know, I know… homemade is better, but honestly this one works just as well.
- 500 g puff yeastless dough
- 3 1/2 oz chocolate and nut paste
- 3 sweet pears
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup walnuts
- Peel pears and cut into medium cubes. Put in a saucepan. Add wine and honey. Bring to a boil. Cook for 3 minutes, remove from heat and put aside to cool completely.
- Chop walnuts into a crumb.
- Roll out puff pastry.
- Spread chocolate-nut paste over the dough leaving 1/2 inch from the edges. Sprinkle with 1/2 nuts.
- Drain liquid from pears. Spread evenly on the dough and sprinkle with the remaining nuts.
- Roll dough into a thick roll. Pinch the edges. Transfer strudel to a baking sheet. Bake in the oven heated to 375° F (190° C) until golden brown for 25–30 minutes.
- Cool and cut off the edges.
- Cut into pieces. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with whipped cream or ice cream.