Cod is rich in protein and low in fat. Moreover, it’s also a perfect source of three B vitamins. This recipe has very nice light flavor and super easy to make. Finally, it uses ingredients you always have on hand!
- 4 pieces of cod fillet
- 7 tbsp butter
- 10 sprigs of thyme
- 1 orange (grated zest)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 tsp ground hot red pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Peel garlic and chop finely.
- Cut butter into small cubes.
- Preheat a skillet over low heat. Add butter and melt. Add thyme leaves. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add orange zest and sprinkle with salt. Pour butter into a bowl and set aside while the fish is cooked.
- Season cod fillets with salt and pepper from both sides. Drizzle with lemon juice.
- Return the skillet to medium heat. Add garlic and hot peppers, stir-fry for 1 minute. Put the fillets to the skillet and fry fish for 3 minutes on each side until done.
- Return butter to the skillet and heat. Pour hot butter over fish.
- Transfer cod to plates. Serve with rice or salad.