Today easy one-pan dinner is perfect for chilly evenings. It is an incredibly quick dish where you roast all ingredients in one pan for minimal clean up and get something with lots of flavour. We used Brussels sprouts in this recipe as these mini cabbages are low in calories and very nutritious. If you don’t like Brussels sprouts, simply leave them out. Anyway, 40 minutes later, your kitchen will smell wonderful!
- 1lb pork tenderloin
- 14 oz Brussels sprouts
- ½ cup unsalted peanuts
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 small chili pepper
- ½ inch fresh ginger root
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp dry sherry
- Long grain rice for serving (boiled)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cut meat into thin medallions. Combine corn flour and 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, stir and add to the meat.
- Combine the remaining soy sauce with vinegar, sugar, sherry and 2 tablespoons of water.
- Fry peanuts with butter for 2 minutes. Transfer nuts into a bowl. In the same frying pan, cook pork for 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Fry Brussels sprouts for 4–5 minutes. Add finely chopped chili, ginger and garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add pork and soy mixture. Cook for another 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and mix with nuts. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Serve with rice.