Spread the love
It is a pumpkin time! There are so many pumpkin soup recipes that it is not easy to come up with something new. Hot pumpkin soup with spicy cream and warm notes of ginger, black pepper and smoked paprika may have a chance to surprise your guests.
- 35 oz pumpkin
- 2 inches fresh ginger root
- 1 large onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 5 tbsp butter
- Olive oil
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Salt, freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 380° F (200° C).
- Peel the pumpkin, remove seeds and cut into medium pieces. Place pumpkin on the parchment-lined baking sheet, sprinkle with salt, pepper and olive oil. Bake pumpkin for about 20 minutes until tender.
- Peel ginger, onion and garlic, chop finely and divide into two parts. In a large saucepan, melt butter and fry one part of ginger, onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Pour 4 cups of cold water into the saucepan, bring to a boil, salt. Add pumpkin and cook 20 minutes. Transfer the mixture to food processor or blender and process until smooth. Return back to saucepan if necessary to heat through.
- Meantime, fry the remaining ginger in olive oil for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with paprika, remove from the heat. Cool slightly.
- Whip to make very cold cream white foam. Salt and start adding fried ginger and paprika while stirring gently.
- Serve topped with spicy cream. Sprinkle with black pepper.