Spread the love
Todays pita sandwiches with pork is just an example of fun experimenting with pita stuffings. Delicious restaurant-style pork pita sandwiches can be on your dinner table in minutes. The combination of tender pork and fresh vegetables in these sandwiches will appeal to the whole family.
- 4 pitas
- ½ lb baked pork shoulder
- ½ medium cabbage
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1 bunch of cilantro (parsley)
- ½ lemon
- Fresh sprouts
For the sauce
- 2 cups (250 g) natural Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4–5 green onions
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- Salt, freshly ground black pepper
- For the sauce, finely chop green onions. Place into mortar, add salt and pepper, pound into mush with pestle. Combine the mixture with the remaining sauce ingredients and put aside.
- For the salad, grate cucumbers, chop cabbage. Combine cucumbers and cabbage, salt and mix with your hands. Transfer the mixture in colander and let excess moisture drain for 15-20 minutes.
- Finely chop greens, add to the salad, sprinkle with lemon juice and zest.
- Cut pits in half. Warm pits in the oven or toaster.
- Heat meat in the oven or microwave. Fill pitas with meat.
- Add cabbage and cucumber mixture, pour over yoghurt sauce and top with with sprouts.