Spread the love
Tender, sweet, baked stuffed pumpkin with a gorgeous mixture of rice, nuts and raisins. A beautiful recipe for your Thanksgiving or Halloween gathering!
- 1 pumpkin 4 lb
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 cup dark raisins
- 1/4 cup peeled walnuts
- 1/4 cup rice
- 7 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp cooking butter
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Salt to taste
- Cut off the top of the pumpkin and remove the flesh and seeds with a spoon.
- Finely chop onion and fry over medium heat in cooking butter for 3 minutes. Add rice and fry until golden brown.
- Pour in raisins with boiling water and put aside for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Chop walnuts.
- Cut pumpkin flesh finely. Add fried onions and rice, raisins, nuts, salt and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Stuff the pumpkin with the filling. Pour in 3/4 cup of water. Cover with the pumpkin top. Put on a baking sheet, greased with butter, and bake in the oven preheated to 170° C (340° F) for about 2 hours.
- Cut the pumpkin into pieces. Pour with melted butter and serve.