Spread the love
Carrots and cheese give this potato side dish added flavour and colour. It’s the perfect potato bake for family gatherings.
- 1/2 lb potatoes
- 1/2 lb juicy carrots
- 14 oz creamy soft cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tbsp starch
- Salt to taste
- Butter to taste
- Cook potatoes and carrots in their skins until ready for 25 minutes. Pour over with cold water. Peel and mash.
- Preheat the oven to 256°F (180° C). Grease baking dishes with butter.
- Separate whites from yolks. Mix yolks with cheese. Add mashed vegetables and mix until smooth.
- Beat up eggwhites with a pinch of salt in a foam. While beating, put in starch.
- Add the eggwhite mixture to the vegetable mixture with a spatula. Put in the dishes and bake until golden brown, for 20–25 minutes. Serve hot.