For the crust
- ½ cup hazelnuts (finely ground)
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 6 tablespoons butter, unsalted (cold and cubed)
For the filling
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar (granulated)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup crème fraîche
- ⅛ cup gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the glaze
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, (unsalted) at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
Nutritional analysis per serving (10 servings)
648 calories; 37 grams fat; 20 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 10 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 77 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 65 grams sugars; 6 grams protein; 104 milligrams cholesterol; 471 milligrams sodium
The information shown is estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. This does not constitute a replacement for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. To make the crust, in the bowl of a food processor, combine all the ingredients & pulse until mixture looks coarse, pea-sized crumbs. Approx. 10-15 seconds.
- Firmly press into the bottom of a 9-10 inch springform pan. Place in the oven and bake for approx. 15 min. When done, set aside to cool.
- While waiting, combine the filling ingredients in the food processor, and puree until perfectly smooth. Transfer the mixture into the now cooled crush, and bake for 1 hour. Done when the center is set (up to an additional 15 min). Allow to cool, and when fully set, chill, preferably overnight.
- To make the glaze, place the sugar & water in a small saucepan over med-high heat. Allow the sugar to caramelize to a medium-amber color (roughly 8 min) before taking off the heat and adding heavy cream. Add butter once the bubbles subside. Stir continuously until the butter is fully incorporated. Season with salt and allow to cool.
- Take the cake out from the refrigerator, and remove from the pan. Pour warm glaze over the top and it’s ready to serve!