Stuffed champignons – a simple and tasty snack which is hard to stop eating! The baked stuffed caps give a delicious flavour of mushrooms and garlic and it becomes difficult to resist from temptation. The dish is recommended to be served hot. However, the cold appetizer is also very tasty.
- 500 g (1,1 lb) large mushrooms
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- 3 slices bacon
- 3 slices ham
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 3 cloves garlic
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a frying pan.
- Saute bacon until crispy. Transfer to paper towels and cool.
- Fry breadcrumbs in a dry frying pan until golden brown. Cool and mix with 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan.
- Finely chop bacon and ham. Chop parsley leaves. Cut off mushroom stipes (they will no longer be needed).
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan. Add crushed cloves of garlic and fry mushrooms from both sides for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown. Transfer mushrooms to a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, combine bacon, ham, parmesan and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Stuff mushrooms with this mixture and sprinkle with bread crumbs with parmesan.
- Place mushrooms in the oven, preheated to 392°F (200°C). Bake for 5–7 minutes. Serve hot.