Adding new cheese and other herbs every time, you will change the taste of the tart. This savory cheese tart is made with three kinds of cheese and fresh tomatoes. But you can always cook it to your taste. Try to add fried eggplant and cheese, broccoli and slices of crispy bacon, fried peppers and salami slices. Anyway, it is such a great appetizer to make when you really want to impress!
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 egg
- 5 oz ricotta
- 5 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 chive
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the dough:
- 1 cup flour
- 4 oz butter at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 yolk
- 1-2 tbsp cold milk
- Combine flour and salt. Chop butter and add to the flour mixture. Mix with your hands to make a crumb. Add yolk and 1 tablespoon of cold milk. Knead the dough. Form a ball, wrap with kitchen film and put into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 360° F (180° C). Roll out the dough and transfer to the baking dish. Run rolling pin over top of dish to remove any excess dough. Prick the dough with a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Cool.
- For the filling, lightly beat up an egg, ricotta, cream cheese and 1/2 Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and mix. Spread the mixture on the bottom of the tart.
- Slice tomatoes. Season them with salt and pepper. Put on the tart.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake the tart in the oven for 25–30 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with finely chopped chives and serve warm.