This creamy soup is a great way to get a hefty dose of vegetables into a convenient cup. It is simple and flavorful and you only need very basic ingredients. The focus is really on the bell peppers here. After being baked in the oven, bell pepper becomes super sweet and tender. Not only adults but children as well will eat it with great pleasure.
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1-2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 bell peppers
- 5-6 twigs of greens
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 374° F (190° C).
- Rinse sweet peppers, dry with paper towel and lightly grease with vegetable oil.
- Bake in a pan, covered with foil, for 15 minutes. Turn around peppers and continue baking for another 15 minutes.
- Cover the prepared pepper with foil or put aside for 10-15 minutes. Then remove the skin and seeds. Cut into small pieces.
- In a saucepan bring to a boil 3 glasses of water, add salt.
- Cut potatoes and carrots. Add to the boiling water and cook until ready.
- Meantime, finely chop onion and fry in a vegetable oil until tender.
- Add pepper and fried onion into the saucepan with the vegetables and puree with a blender until smooth.
- Return the saucepan to the fire, bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add finely chopped greens and remove from heat.
- You can add a little boiling water if the soup is too thick and serve with fried bacon.