We love trying out new cookies at our house, and I think the best cookies are the ones that are made with simple ingredients. Ground almonds give these cookies that fantastic texture which I love. You can serve these light, tender cookies with ice cream or simply with a cup of coffee or tea.
- 1/3 cup milk
- 100 g dark chocolate (60% cocoa)
- 1 ½ tbsp butter
- ½ cup ground almonds
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 4 egg white
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- Finely chop chocolate and transfer it to a bowl.
- Bring milk to a boil and pour into the chocolate immediately. Stir until smooth.
- Cut butter into small pieces and add to the chocolate mixture. Melt by gently stirring with a spatula.
- Whisk egg whites to soft peak. Add powdered sugar at the very end.
- Combine sugar, cocoa powder and almonds. Add to the egg mixture gently stirring with the spatula.
- Use a pastry bag to drop the dough about 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet covered with parchment. Bake at 400° F (200° C) for 7-8 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the cookies cool.
- Transfer the chocolate mixture to the pastry bag. Spread the mixture on a flat surface of a cookie and top with another one. Press lightly. Repeat with the remaining cookies.