Spread the love
What better way to start your morning than with a delicious piece of cake. Everyone knows about health benefits of oats, but it might be boring to start a day with a bowl of cereals. This recipe uses oats, bananas, cinnamon and brown sugar, which make this cake extremely sweet and tasty. It can be eaten as a dessert, breakfast or snack.
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 ½ oz butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup bananas pulp (mashed with a fork)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 ½ cup flour
- ½ cup oatmeal
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- Grease a baking dish with ½ tablespoon of melted butter. Spread parchment.
- Combine flour, oatmeal, baking soda (neutralized) and salt. Put aside.
- In another bowl, beat up the remaining butter with brown sugar. One by one add eggs, then a glass of mashed bananas and vanilla essence.
- Add dry ingredients to the creamy banana mixture. Mix until smooth.
- Pour the dough into a baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 380°F(180° C).
- Combine oatmeal, brown sugar, nuts, cinnamon and melted butter. Spread the mixture on the dough.
- Put the baking dish into the oven and bake for 40–45 minutes.