Spread the love
Candied fruits themselves are a great decoration for any sweet dish. They look like pieces of multi-colored glass. These chocolate covered orange peels are so amazing that you can impress anyone with them! Just candy some orange peels and dip them into chocolate! Nobody can resist these sweet and juicy chocolate covered treat!
- 3 ½ oz chocolate flakes
- 4 ½ cups sugar
- 6 large oranges
- 10 ½ oz chocolate (70% cocoa)
- Wash oranges and peel with a knife.
- Cut orange peels into strips and put them into a saucepan. Pour in 2 cups of water and boil for 10 minutes, drain and repeat 2 more times, in order to get rid of bitterness.
- Pour over peels with 4 cups of cold water, add 1 ½ cups of sugar, cook on medium heat for 20 minutes. Add another 1 ½ cups of sugar, cook for another 15 minutes. Repeat until you are out of sugar.
- Drain the candied fruit through a sieve. Then, pat them dry with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
- Melt about 2/3 of the chocolate and removed from the heat. Drop the remaining 1/3 of the chocolate into the melted chocolate, slowly stirring until it melts and cools slightly. Note: The final 1/3 needs to be tempered chocolate that has not bloomed.
- Dip candied orange peels into liquid chocolate. Shake off excess chocolate to avoid smudges and sprinkle with chocolate flakes on top. Transfer them on a baking paper and chill for an hour.