This french bread pizza is so simple to cook, because you avoid making a dough. All you need is a loaf of fresh french bread. French Baguette Pizza is a nice change from your usual run of the pizza base espcially if you prefer the base to be crusty!
- 1 french baguette
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion
- 1/4 lb champignons
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 oz mozzarella
- 2 slices ham or bacon
- Rustic potatoes and pickles for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400° F (200° C).
- Finely chop onion and mushrooms. Fry onion in butter. Add mushrooms. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fry, stirring, for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Cover a baking sheet with baking paper. Spread slices of baguette on it. Lubricate the bread with 2 tablespoons of ketchup and top with mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with 1/5 grated mozzarella. Spread slices of ham (bacon) along the baguette. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake baguette with stuffing in the oven for 12-14 minutes. Serve with rustic potatoes and pickles.