I have never been a big fan of pizza, but colors, perfectly arranged toppings and crispy looking crust finally involved me into the pizza world. This Mushroom pizza is my take on the Italian vegetarian pizza that’s topped with mushrooms, cherry and an egg. When the pizza is done baking, garnish with some arugula and fresh herbs.
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsps tomato paste
- 7 pcs cherry tomatoes
- 4 large champignons
- 1 Egg
- Arugula to taste
- To knead the dough mix water and flour with a pinch of salt. Put the dough into the fridge and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Meantime, prepare the stuffing. Cut cherry in half. Rinse champignons and cut into thin halves.
- Roll out the dough, brush with tomato paste. Spread champignons and cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle with herbs to taste. You can make one big pizza or two small ones!
- Bake pizza in the preheated oven 375° F (190° C) for 10 minutes.
- Take pizza out and break an egg in the middle. Return the pizza to the oven and bake until the egg is cooked.
- Sprinkle the pizza with arugula.