Spread the love
This salad features spinach and pear but the star ingredient is chickpeas. The chickpea salads fill you up more than just a regular salad. It is fresh, filling and simply fantastic as a summer lunch. If you prepare this salad I’m sure you won’t need anything else.
- 1 large pear
- 1 large red onion
- 1 can (400 g) chickpeas
- 200 g young spinach leaves
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- 1 tsp zeera seed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Put pear into a saucepan, pour cold water and bring to a boil. Cook for 15 minutes. Take out and cool a little. Cut into quarters, remove the core, cut pear into slices or cubes.
- Peel onions and slice thinly. Remove thyme leaves from stems.
- Press chickpeas slightly with a pestle.
- Spread spinach on a plate.
- In a large frying pan, heat 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil. Add salt and fry onion and pear on high heat for 2 minutes. Take them out with a slotted spoon and put on the plate.
- In the same pan, fry chickpeas, zeera seeds and thyme for 1–2 minutes. Stir. Transfer to the plate.
- Pour lemon juice over salad. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve.