Spread the love
Who doesn’t love a good baked potato? This potato is one of those seemingly fancy creations that’s actually easy to cook. Cutting the accordion-like shape requires no time at all. But the best thing about this potato is that you can fill all those crevices with different toppings.
- 6 large potatoes
- 2 medium shallot
- 180 g bacon
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 4–5 sprigs of thyme
- Salt to taste
- Chop bacon as finely as possible.
- Peel shallot. Cut in half lengthwise. Then cut into thin half rings.
- Combine olive oil, bacon and shallot. Add to bacon. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Peel potatoes. With a thin and sharp knife cut each potato into thin slices without cutting down to the bottom.
- Place potatoes in a baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and top with bacon and thyme.
- Brush potatoes with the remaining oil.
- Sprinkle potatoes with salt and pepper. Cover with foil and bake in the oven preheated to 340° F (170° C) for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake until golden brown for another 20 minutes. Serve hot.