Spread the love
Shangi are small open pastries from northern Russia with a topping like potatoes, cottage cheese, eggs and butter. I love the simplicity of these pastries, which are ideal for serving a crowd of hungry kids.
- 1 lb (600 g) potatoes
- 2-3 yolks
- ¼ cup heavy cream with
- 17 oz (500 g) forest mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 kg yeast pastry
- Sour cream to serve
- Peel potatoes, cut into large pieces, boil and drain.
- Make mashed potato, add yolks and stir until smooth. Add hot heavy cream, salt and pepper to taste. Put aside to cool.
- Cut mushrooms into medium pieces. Fry in olive oil with salt and pepper for 7–8 minutes.
- Roll out the dough, cut it into pieces, make thin oval shapes out of them. Put the dough on a baking sheet covered with baking paper and put aside for 15–20 minutes.
- In the middle of each dough shapes make a groove. Put a layer of mashed potatoes. Top with mushrooms.
- Bake in the oven at 390 ° F (200° C) for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with sour cream.